The International School of Islamabad is an independent, college preparatory, coeducational day school founded in 1965. We provide an American-based curriculum taught in the English language for eligible students of all nationalities. ISOI is accredited with the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the International Baccalaureate Organization for the Diploma Programme. Admission to ISOI is granted to prospective students based upon the following criteria:
• The child's age, previous schooling, English language proficiency, and learning achievement
• The student's ability to meet ISOI's academic and behavioral standards
• The school's ability to meet any special learning needs of the student
• The parent's and/or organization's capacity to pay registration and school fees
• The consideration for a parent's temporary assignment in Islamabad
• The student's requirement for an American education
• The school's ability to meet the needs of the student in the development of English language skills and acquisition
The minimum age for admission into the preschool program is two years of age before August 1 of the school year for which the child is to be enrolled; five years of age before October 1 for Kindergarten II students and six years of age before October 1 for admission into grade one. Students applying for admission to Grades 2-5 will be placed in the grade level that is age appropriate according to their date of birth.
Many factors are taken into consideration for students applying for admission to Grades 6-12 including age, previous school records, number of school years and the student's ability and needs. In the High School (Grades 9-12), the number of High School credits earned is of utmost importance for placement decisions. The Principal's decision is final in all matters of grade placement.
Parents are required to submit written documentation of their child's immunization and inoculation records at the time of enrollment. A full list of these requirements can be found on the school health card under "enrollment forms."
New Student Admission Timeline
ISOI has no cut off date for receiving applications for admission. Applications for enrollment may be considered at any time of the year.
Special Needs Students
ISOI has limited services for students with special needs. Support services are available through the Resource Program. Applicants with special needs will be reviewed to determine the appropriateness of admission, based upon their ability to succeed in the standard curriculum in a normal classroom setting. Parents are required to provide all relevant information and records at the initial contact with the school.