Community Service and Activity is part of ISOI's culture for enabling students to enthusiastically contribute to the community. Students are encouraged to volunteer their time to a broad range of projects which benefit individual classes, the entire ISOI community, host country initiatives and communities in other parts of the world. ISOI students participate in Leadership Councils at all three school levels: Elementary School, Middle School and High School. National Honor Society Students and various student groups partner with faculty and parents to make positive contributions on many levels. A wide variety of fundraising projects in which parents and faculty work together to provide opportunities for students to learn the value of cooperative work and providing opportunities to others, while raising funds for external projects is a part of ISOI’s culture.
Projects currently supported by ISOI student community service activities include:
- Edhi Foundation for Homeless Children
- A school in a remote part of Kashmir
- Digital literacy training to provide personal and professional growth opportunities for selected segments of ISOI Staff
- A local hospice
- A youth group in a local village
- SOS Village Project
- Annual Jumble Sale provides an opportunity for local staff to purchase needed items. Funds raised are used to support external projects.
- Visits to a local Hospice
- National Honor’s Society (NHS) support of the Edhi Foundation for Homeless Children
- Elementary Leadership Council (ELC) support for Zindagi Trust
- Pakistan Flood Relief
- Pakistan Earthquake Relief
- ISOI students partnered with Lincoln School to provide earthquake relief in Kathmandu, Nepal
- Haiti Relief
- Internally Displaced Persons (Pakistan)
- Pakistan Cleft Lip and Palate Association
The ISOI community has not allowed challenging local conditions to dampen the commitment to community service. While students may not always be able to maintain specific activities due to travel concerns, they remain committed to finding creative and innovative ways to make positive contributions within the ISOI community to the larger global community.